ART 200 Introduction

 Hello ART 200 class, 

My name is James Isabell. I currently live in Nome Alaska. I work with the Head Start and preschool as a teacher aide. I'm working on a BA degree in Elementary Education via online courses through the UAF eCampus and Northwest Campus. This is the last course needed to graduate with an AA degree. I look forward to engaging with you all through our blogs and assignments. 



Works of art I have always found appealing is Ancient Egyptian painting. Ever since elementary school I have admired Egyptian art. One day, I would like to travel to Egypt and see the pyramids and other structures in-person; rather from online pictures and videos. 

In terms of my own relationship to art, I draw on my free time. Nothing special or talented, just random things that I feel like sketching. Overall, art is a lot more to me than just drawing or painting. Art can be music, dancing, writing, architecture and much more. I do have a lot of different tattoos; ones that have a lot of meaning to me and others that are random. 

Comments

  1. "Test comment" Cool post. Good luck this semester! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught elementary school for 21 years. It was a fabulous part of my teaching career. I hope you have as much fun as I did working with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you mentioned how other things can be art as well. When most people hear art, they just think of drawings and paintings, but there are so many more ways to express artistic talent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Western Exhibit

Renaissance- Baroque Art